Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stealth Speed Boat I Am Renovating My 18ft Speed Boat And I Am Looking For Ideas?

I am renovating my 18ft speed boat and I am looking for ideas? - stealth speed boat

This is a 1980 18ft deep V and original in the windscreen and is very weak, I want to look behind the windshield and has a smoked glass in it. By way of hunting is a form of invisibility for the whole boat is very original, its future and boats Steury has unfortunately disappeared from the market for a long time.

My problem is that the disc is very low and must be replaced at the windshield, not good on my boat, and even worse, nothing at all.
I had planned to release the old and replace it with one or two stainless steel tubes and aluminum in much the same way as before. Not sure if I want to drink or not.
I can not find ideas online for good design and I hope that I could point you in the right direction or just call me cool links to the establishment of a new windshield.
Thank you for your help, you will see on the water!

2 comments:

Joe P said...

Bayliner using a windshield back on many models. To find the use of images from Google or Yahoo to sell the same. Somewhere lurks a hand on a boat that is nonsense. Measure carefully to see if you can work with it. A better idea would be to develop an ever-hooks attach to your existing windshield. It is always easier to fix or improve something to start with something that is not designed for your application.

Captain Bill said...

You can adjust a windshield material with a colored Plexiglas. It takes time and patience and a little practice if you do it yourself.

Use a handheld propane torch to heat and light curves. You can use a hose to ease wrinkles. Make sure to go slowly and watch the heat.

Good Luck - Boat Safe!

Post a Comment